Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2007

Adam Casey in Japan with Sydney tonight

Canberra's Adam Casey will be hoping to get on the field tonight in Saitama Japna. Sydney FC play Urawa Reds in front of 60,000 fans. (8.30 live on Fox, just forget the State of Origin...they have two more games, this is do-or die football!)

Sydney must win to go through to the next round.

Casey spoke to Football in the Capital saying, "I'll be nervous but if I get on, I'll be fine. It's the biggest crowd I've ever played in front of, it will be a fantastic experience."

Not so long ago Casey was running out for O'Connor Knights and Belconnen Blue Devils as he recovered from various injuries.

"When I finished at the AIS the A-League hadn't started so my career was a bit slow to get going."

He's making it up for it now. After stints with Wollongong Wolves in the NSW state league and New Zealand Knights in the A-League, he has just signed a two-year deal with Sydney FC.

"I've got a two-year deal which is great. My aim is to get as much game time as possible and improve as much as I can."

Adam will be giving Football in the Capital updates of his and Sydney FC's season all through the A-League.

What's the biggest crowd you ever played in front of? Let us know.

No comments: