Pages

Sunday 20 May 2007

Catlin Munoz on the mend.

Matildas star Caitlin Munoz is hoping to be fit to make the squad for the crucial Olympic Qualifier against North Korea on Sunday June 3rd in Pyongyang.

Munoz has been injured for sometime and feels her knee has fully recovered.

"I'm just a bit short of match practice, but my leg is fine."

"It's been an exciting time. Qualifying for the World Cup was such an exciting time. Yes and I scored that goal with my first touch I think. We've got the Qualifiers, the games on TV and the World Cup. It's great. "

"I always wanted to play football. Dad was a passionate football fan. He's Spanish so he got me started. My first club was in Belconnen."

It's a long way from a Belconnen to the World Cup but Munoz is focused on achieving that goal.

No comments: