Pages

Thursday 10 May 2007

Sally Shipard's weekly article

Hi I'm Sally Shipard.

I'll be writing each week bringing the latest news from the Matildas.

Just to let you know my injuries are improving. I've done a series of fitness tests today and if I pass them I'm clear to join full training with the girls next week.

Eamonn asked me where I started playing football.

Well, I grew up in Wagga, NSW. My three brothers were all into soccer and I wanted to be just like them.

So, at the age of five I played my first game for Wagga PCYC. I've always been a midfield player for as long as I can remember.

For now I'm concentrating on getting fit and back in the starting eleven for the North Korean games.

I'll give you an update every wednesday, so bye for now and see you next week.

No comments: