Pages

Wednesday 27 June 2007

Canberra fan: Andy McDonald living in Paradise.



Quick quiz: Where is Paradise?





Blog writing brings many rewards. You just never know who is watching and reading.


That's Andrew McDonald in the Australian shirt above holding his Canberra City, Australian flag at last years World Cup.


I've met Andy before.


Andy is currently in Paradise, or at least next to it! If he peeps up from his computer he can see the tip of one of the World's greatest clubs.


Another clue:


A namesake Aussie has just signed for this club.


Got it? Yes it's Celtic Park, Glasgow and the player who' s signed..Scott McDonald.


Anyway Andy was perusing the web from work one day, and he found this blog. He recognised my name immediately, not the sort of name you forget I guess if you've had me as a teacher.


"You taught me at Hawker College in 1993! I'm now living in Glasgow next to Celtic's ground. I remember you were a Celtic fan," says Andy


At least something I taught you stuck, Andy:)


And I remember Andy, you were an Aberdeen fan!







Andy, has travelled to Germany to watch the Socceroos in the last two summer campaigns. Confederation Cup and World Cup.


He is rather jealous that it is I and not him that is heading off to cover the Socceroos in the Asia Cup this July:)


Never mind Andy, at least you are in Paradise!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andy has never seen paradise. And it certainly ain't Glasgow! Oh, and that's not his City flag, the bandwagon fellow pinched it!

Just on Andy's jaunts to the World Cup, while his fellow travellers decided it might be a fine idea to actually get tickets to the Japan game (which as it turns out, it was!) Andy decided he'd pass a fling himself into a fountain instead.

A wise man if ever I have seen one.

Anonymous said...

That fountain in Kaiserslautern was MADE for celebrating Aussies to jump in. A fine decision to jump in it if ever there was one.