Pages

Thursday 28 June 2007

Kanga Cup: Belnorth Little Devils rock!

Have you got a team to support for the Kanga Cup?


Belnorth Little Devil Stars: Holly Murney and Alex Paterson.



It's Kanga Cup time. The tournament runs in Canberra from 8 July until 13 July.


But who you are going to suport?


Haven't chosen a team yet?

Well, that sounds almost....well un-Australian.


I'll be reporting on the Socceroos in the Asia Cup for the Canberra Times, so I won't be around for the Kanga Cup, but I've chosen my team.


It's BELNORTH LITTLE DEVILS.


I met two star players today and they bowled me over with their enthusiasm, and charm.


Holly Murney is 11. She just loves playing soccer.


"It's really fun, I get to make new friends. I just love having fun."


Have you ever scored a goal Holly?


Cynthia, her mum, jumps in. "Heaps."


"And I love being goalie." adds Holly.


Alex Paterson is also a Little Devil.


Somehow I think the name suits this team.


"I love running around and kicking the ball. This is my fourth year playing soccer. I scored a goal in my first year. It felt really good."


So that's my team for the Kanga Cup.


I won't be there to cover the games. I'll be talking to Lucas Neill and co. Well someone has to do it.


But, Holly, Alex and your mates from the Belnorth Little Devils, if you send me an email after every game, I'll get your story out to the world on this site. Any details, goals etc, whatever you like.


Don't worry about the spelling or stuff like that. Football stars like you guys need to concentrate on playing during a tournament.


Go the Little Devils, let's see how many goals we score.

No comments: