Pages

Friday 27 July 2007

Carl Valeri writes: His news from the Socceroos Camp



Socceroo Carl Valeri writes for Football in the Capital every week. After the recent Asia Cup tournament Carl had a few days in Canberra before heading off to Tuscany and life in Serie B with his club Grosseto

Hi Guys,

I'm in Canberra at the moment. It's pretty hectic as I'm only here until Sunday. It's been awesome weather for the last two days so no complaints. Certainly cooler than Bangkok and Hanoi!

The Asia cup was a good experience for me. Even though I didn't get
one minute on the pitch, and the team didn't go as far as expected, I
learnt a lot from the older players. It was good to train and play along
side some of the players I've looked up to.

Of course, it was tough sitting on the sidelines and not playing, I was frustrated at the time but looking back I know I worked as hard as I could to push for a place in the side, so no regrets.

It's made me even hungrier to get a starting jersey in the Socceroos.

It was good to see Mark Milligan play an awesome Asian Cup, and Michael Beauchamp was also great although few probably realised he played with a pretty sore ankle.

The younger guys in the squad all worked hard, gained valuable experience. So things are looking good for the future which I think is a positive one for the
Socceroos and Australian football.

At the moment I'm having a short rest in Canberra.

I'm mentally tired which may sound strange. But staying in a hotel for over a month, working hard to gain a spot in the team, it isn't easy and I think
everyone needs a rest after a major tournament.

So im just catching up with mates. It's good because it's the first time I've been able to hang out with two of my best mates, Daniel
Valeri and Adam Morgan, for years.

I'm looking forward to getting back to Grosseto. Maybe not so much the pre
season training since I've been doing that for over a month now, but just
to get back into playing in the Serie B.

This will be new to the city and me.

I really want to get a full season in the starting line up and I won't be
walking straight into the starting eleven because we have a new coach.

Whenever a team has a new coach it is always hard work to get in the team. But I love a challenge so I'm looking forward to it.


Ciao

Carl.


Eamonn: Carl will talk to us from Grosseto, Tuscany next week as he prepares for the start of the Serie B season.

1 comment:

tommy over33 grosseto said...

DON'T WORRY. EVEN IF THERE'S A NEW COACH YOU'LL BE IN THE TEAM !
YOU'RE ONE OF THE BEST MIDFIELDER IN ITALIAN SERIE B AND MISTER ROSELLI KNOWS IT, AND HE'LL BE WAITING FOR YOU.
I'LL BE ON SARDINIA FROM 31/7 TO 10/08, I'LL SEE YOU WHEN I COME BACK, TOMMASO