Pages

Friday 21 September 2007

Luisa Marzotta on Canberra's Grand Final



Weston Creek's Luisa Marzotto and Ping Saengmany enjoy their Grand Final breakfast.


Luisa Marzotto is pleased to playing for Weston Creek.

The former Young Matilda's keeper is now a striker for local club Weston Creek and will lead the attack alongside Kim Channing in Sunday's Grand Final.

She doesn't regret stepping back from the Matildas.

"It was the right decision. I thought long and hard about it. I'm relaxed, running around the field. I might go back to keeping next year. I'm having fun, enjoying training, it's good.



"At one stage football meant everything, being part of the Matildas and following that path. But it's a lot of commitment and had to give up schooling and work to keep up with all the training. But in the end the decision was mine not to be part of it, I discussed it with my parents over a number of weeks.

"The Matildas have the right keeper in goal. Melissa Barbieri is great. I've just spoken to Emma Wirkus (South Australian Matildas reserve keeper) she says the whole team is on a high.

"It's good to see how far women's football has come."

Her Weston Creek team-mate Ping Saengmany thinks Lusia could be the match winner on Sunday.

"She didn't score last time, so I think she'll score this week."

Game kicks-off 3pm at MacKellar on Sunday.


No comments: