Pages

Thursday 20 September 2007

Sally Shipard writes: I start!


G'day Eamonn

Sorry i havent been forwarding anything onto you! hav been all over the place. getting so much support from those at home. Got a little caught up in it all.

Was very bizarre yesterday being told 2 hrs from kick-off that the most important game of our careers was called off!



We went to the pool and mucked around in there. Expended some energy and went out for dinner last night to a place called Tex Mex, with some family members. It was great to get our mind off the game and the food was amazing. I think it was the first time we had been full for about 3 weeks:-)

My toe is fine now, still bruised but the swelling has gone down!!! I'm on the starting team tonight! Nerves are very much settling in now. We have lunch/pre-match meal in 10 minutes. I've got to go.

Also I saw Heather Reid yesterday(CEO Capital Football). She had to go home. So some of the folks have to fly home today, and they miss the match!!! Some were able to change their flights:-)

Sal

No comments: