Pages

Friday 26 October 2007

Belconnen United player goes to Celtic!!


A Belconnen United player, Paul Connell, is having a ball. Iwould say he's in Paradise, but that's just my green and white blood getting excited.

Paul is coaching while training with European Giants Glasgow Celtic Youth Side. Paul was a (good)student at the Canberra College where I was a teacher some years ago.

Paul sent this report through.

Hey Eamonn!

How is everything going mate? You'll never guess what I am doing at the moment.

I am a full-time football coach for Celtic in Glasgow! I am part of the football in the community. What that means is I get to go to schools and promote anti racism and against drugs whilst teaching a few football skills.

I coach for the football academy (ages 5-13), and I am involved in football camps and will be involved in either going to America, Ireland, Asia, Cyprus etc to do a few camps for celtic!

Can you believe it?

Coaching is great but I'd rather be playing ya know!

I'm training with the youth team at Celtic and I'm doing well. I still have Visa problems so i don't think i'd be able to sign with a Scottish club.

So there ya go! Pretty crazy. I thought I'd let u know when I thought of you and your love for Celtic! Hope things are going well for you.

Cheers, Paul

And thankyou Paul and good luck.

A fascinating story and journey for a young Canberran, I'm sure you agree.

No comments: