Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2007

Carl Valeri scores!

Carl Valeri writes from Tuscany:

Hey,

well it has been a very busy last week. We played 3 games in 7 days; lost one and won 2 and I even scored! My sister and her husband also are staying with me so it has been a pretty hectic week.



It is great that Grosseto is finally getting some results and its even better that we are actually playing some good football, we were unlucky in the game against Ravenna which we lost 2-1 and I scored,it was a pretty much a tap in but I like to say ‘I did well to get there’ ha ha. We beat Rimini who want to go into serie A 2-1 and we beat Vicenza 2-1 who have been in and out of serie A and B for years. So the team and the whole city is very pleased, but it’s a long season and we can't get ahead of ourselves. We play Bari on Saturday in Bari and they have won every games at home so far; it should be very interesting.

My brother Matt (Belconnen United) unfortunately lost his final 5-4 against Canberra FC. I heard it was a fantastic game from my dad. It's always bad to lose a grand final but the hard work is done getting there. Both teams ended up out at the same bar, and all know each other, and they all had a few drinks together which I think is awesome.

As I said before my sister and brother in law are here so I have been busy taking them around and being the tour guide which has been fun. It's also good to spend some time with them at home like we used to do when we were younger.:)

Ciao

Carl

No comments: