Pages

Monday 1 October 2007

Guess what I heard at the gym

I was at the gym.

Pumping it.

Looking in the mirror, checking out everyone and everything.

Not much conversation at my gym, not normally. We do our own thing and then leave.

But in the middle of my sit-ups I nearly had to stop. (120 if you must know, on an incline.)

Three guys. Men really. Of serious gym bulk.

"No, it went like this." said the small but chunky one.

And he proceeded to move away from the weights and perform a ritual. Well that's what it looked like.

"Who won!" asked his mate, bigger and chunkier.

Who won, now I'm interested. What are they talking about I wondered.

Women's football! The World Cup. The small but chunky one was describing a piece of play by Marta against the USA in the World Cup semi-final at my local gym.

And then the goals appeared on a nearby screen and the three men dashed into watch them.

You just can never tell can you!

No comments: