Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2007

Angelo Kostantiniou back in the Futsalroos


On The Nearpost show last night was Nearpost hosts, Arif Hossein, and Nicole Somi, special guest Canberra Olympic keeper and Australian Futsalroo keeper Angelo Kostantiniou and myself Eamonn Flanagan. Kai Thornton is in the front row.

Angelo Kostantiniou is back in the Australian National team. And he's delighted.

Angelo speaking on the Nearpost show last night said, "I'm back in for the games against Malaysia in Sydney on the weekend."

Why had you been dropped Angelo?

Angelo smiles.

"Shall we say I speak my mind."

"Yes but why were you dropped?"

"The Coach (Scott Gilligan) wanted me to stay in goal a bit more. I like to come out." Angelo shrugged.

But he's back in the team and raring to go.

Will he stay in the goal more?

"We'll have to see."

Angelo has travelled across the World with the Futsalroos. He'd love to return to Brazil for the next World Cup.

"We've got the Asian Cup next year and if we do well there we go to the World Cup in Brazil. I'd love to go back to Brazil."

You can listen to more of Angelo's thoughts on Futsal and the Futsalroos on this weeks podcast.

No comments: