Pages

Thursday 5 June 2008

Euro 2008: Here's my interest.

Are you watching Euro 2008 Eamonn?

No!

Firstly it's on very late. I don't have Setanta. Ireland or England aren't playing. (I'm not English, but I do delight in watching them struggle, unless they play the Fozzie way.)

And in the old days there was no football in Australia, on the TV, and of course only one Socceroo game at home every four years. So what other sport was their on Aussie telly in winter:)

This time I'll be up to watch my beloved Socceroos, and that'll do.

But I will be flicking to websites to see how the Euro's are going. And here is my level of focus, for those who care.

Sweden: I will take great interest in the progress of Sweden, particularly the rebirth of Henrik Larsson. One of the true greats of the game, true greats of Celtic Football Club, my team, and to hear Henrik is back for Sweden, well I'm intrigued.

He may be slower, and older. But his game intelligence is worth watching, all day.

Poland: Artur Boruc is their keeper. And he's a Celt. And that's what Celtic fans do. We follow our players, when they leave our club, and when they play for their National Teams. Do you do that?

Or don't you have any internationals?

Croatia:
Joe Simunic. A Canberran. Australia's greatest football export. I got the chance to meet Joe when I interviewed him for Nearpost radio earlier this year. So I'm intrigued to see how Joe and Croatia go.

Russia:
Mr Hiddink is the Coach and because Gus is really an Aussie, and Russian football is awash with money and on the way up, I'm fascinated to see how the Master goes in the Euro's.

Greece:
I still haven't recovered from the last Euro. Not the fact that Greece won, but the tedious way they played, albeit with limited performances. I hope, unless they have improved, they go out straight away.

Other than that, I'll be focussing on Australian football, the Socceroos, Matildas and all the other stuff.

No comments: