Pages

Wednesday 6 May 2009

Beijing Olympics: An Aussie football success.

Arnie speaks the truth


"I take all the responsibility," concluded Arnold of the Beijing Olympics. "I was the coach. I'll tell you honestly, and people might not believe it, but we got the maximum out of that playing group.


Speaking in FourFourTwo Graham Arnold discusses the Beijing Olympics and the disastrous Asian Cup campaign 2007....although compared to Pim Verbeeks 2009 Asian Cup campaign Arnie's looking like a wizard.

Everyone knows Arnie only got the Socceroos job because he was on a three year contract and the FFA had no money after the World Cup.

That said his team in Beijing upset many. Although the performances were good on the whole.

I know I know we all wanted to turn the telly off...but they were good given the team we put out.

Yes Arnie has to live and die by his selections, and leaving Bruce Djite out still confuses me.

The Olympics disappointed many.

Not me.

Look at what Trent McClenahen, Ruben Zadkovich, Archie Thompson, Nikolai Topor-Stanley, Neil Kilkenny and co have achieved since the Olympics...look at where the whole squad are now..compared to say Argentina....

And yes Arnie is right we massively over-achieved at the Beijing Olympics.

No comments: