Pages

Thursday 24 May 2007

Matty Kemp moves to Melbourne Victory.

Canberra's Matthew Kemp is on the move. He played his last game for Adelaide United last night in their 3-0 win over Vietnamnese side Long Tan Dong Am.

He has signed for next season with A-League champions Melbourne Victory.

Matthew spend many years playing with BelNorth in Canberra in his junior days.

"I've moved to Melbourne to win a championship, so hopefully I can do it."

He's not expecting much of a break.

"No, I think I'll be spending my two weeks off moving house and then it'll be back to pre-season. I lloved playing at the Dome with Adelaide in front of big crowds, and it will be even better when they are your home fans."

Kemp had two great season at Adelaide. Although beaten in this years Grand Final Adelaide have been the most successful of all A-League sides over the two seasons.

Kemp is one of nine Adelaide players to have left the club since the Grand Final.

Can Matthew Kemp win a Grand Final with Melbourne. I say possibly, but I'm interested to see how they replace or play without Brazilian star Fred. What do you think?

No comments: