Pages

Thursday 24 May 2007

Sally Shipard writes.

Hi I'm Sally Shipard, here's my update for this week.

Last weekend Camp at the AIS was so exciting. The girls were all in top form on the pitch and having Pink perform at the AIS arena was something extra to make the experience that little bit more special.

I always look forward to the camps. I was especially looking forward to this camp as I would be training with the girls again. I suffered from a slight muscle strain in my left quad early on but by the last day I managed to get on the pitch for 20 minutes of the game against touring US side University of North Carolina, it felt so good to be back.

This week a team of 18 will be announced for the North Korean trip next week. Tommy will be choosing the best team for the 2 games; 10 girls have to miss out who trained over the weekend. Fingers crossed I will be leaving the country next Monday.

My two Canberra mates...Lydia Williams and Caitlin Munoz are out injured. Caitlin is working back into training and should be fit for the second leg in Coffs harbour and Lydia Williams has fractured her wrist and will be out for at least 6 weeks. Lydia will be training as a 'field player' for the next few weeks, she trained with ACTAS (ACT Academy Squad)last night and I was impressed!!!:-)

bye for now

Sally

No comments: