Pages

Friday 13 July 2007

Tuggeranong United banner inspires Socceroo Carl Valeri

"I looked up and saw the banner. It was awesome."




Canberra's Carl Valeri at the Socceroos Hotel in Bangkok.


I caught up with Carl after the Oman game.


"It was a tough game, but I'm absolutely convinced we'll get better."


We discussed the game and during the discussion, Carl sparked.


"Did you see the banner, the Tuggeranong United banner."


"Where, in the Stadium?"


"Yes, in the middle of the Aussie fans. I looked across to the fans during the game, and saw a sign on a banner. I thought I recognise that sign. And then I read the banner Tuggeranong United. It was awesome, so inspirational. Do you know who they are?"


"No, I actually didn't see it."


"Well tell them thanks from me if you find out."


So well done the boys from Tuggeranong. Great to see the local support for the Australian team and hope you are having a ball.


And of course Carl played for Tuggeranong United as a junior.


ED; I'm planning to meet Canberrans in Bangkok at 4pm at the media gate at the stadium w1. Hoping to organise a photo and story for the Canberra Times.

If you know anyone in Bangkok, let them know. The more the merrier.



No comments: