Pages

Thursday 28 February 2008

Grumpy Old Man at the football

And just on that Grand Final, it was so loud it hurt!



I was in the stands at the Sydney Football Stadium an hour before kick-off.

Thought I'd have a chat about football with my mate and to the St.Pauli (Hamburg) fans I sold some tickets to just earlier.

But the PA system was soooo loud

telling us it was only 60 minutes until kick-off and lets all say hello to the Jets fans, and then the Mariners and then more inane noise from Luke FoxSports. He just yelled and yelled for an hour.

Occasionally he'd say, "We'll be back after this break," phew I thought. But we really did go to a break. The PA blasted out TV ads.

And I was unable to talk or hear my new best friends views on football, Australia or anything else.

I was so relieved when the game started.

And as soon as the game ended, the man, Luke VERYLOUDVOICE started again. We had to leave it was so loud.

Football is about having a chat to the people you go to a game with or meet. This was dire. Almost enough to put you off going. FFA, SFS, whoever controls this side of the game, leave it out it was dreadful. It's an introduction from the violent playing fields of Europe where noise is belted out to curb the abusive fans.

Do they do this in AFL, NRL and S14? Surely we don't need it in Australia just yet?

No comments: