Pages

Wednesday 25 June 2008

Lawrie McKinna speaks:

And you can check the accuracy or otherwise on this weeks podcast see earlier post.

On Gary Van Egmond's match winning tactics in the Grand Final: "Rubbish," says Lawrie. "If Tony Vidmar hadn't slipped and the ref had given a penalty when (James) Holland handled in the last minute we may have won. We didn't play well."

On Gosford born Jess Van Stratten: Juventus's Jess Van Stratten didn't train with us, he had coffee.


He's back in Italy now, and we'd like him to come and cover for Vukovic. We'll see.

Mile Jedinak played 4 long balls for the Socceroos (v China). I know I counted them. We tell him not to play long balls. Mile is great at breaking up the play and playing short balls. Maybe he hit one wrong and felt he had to show he could do it.

On his aspirations "I'd like to Coach at a higher level. I feel my accent is held against me."

On other matters of importance:
Tom Pondlejak didn't perform often enough.
Adam Kwasnik is gone.
Lee Hendrie, Sheff United, doesn't want to come to Australia.
We're lacking an attacking midfield player.
We've got three spots, four with Kwasnik leaving, left in our squad.
"I recommended Charlie Miller to Frank Farina." (Don't you like Frank, Lawrie? okay I'm a Celtic fan and Charlie is ex-Rangers!)
Canberra's Taylor Beaton is impressive and he's only 17 in't he, he'll play a half for us against Belconnen.

Watching Rangers lose the league to Celtic was worse than losing the UEFA Cup. (Well I had to ask how he felt, how he rated it. Wouldn't you?)

With the Mariners season extended due to the Asian Champions League next season "I don't want to hear any complaints of players being tired. And my wife is staying home looking after the dog and the grandchild.

No comments: