Pages

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Matildas making waves?

Can you tape the game?

I'm going to give training a miss and watch the Matildas.

Can I come over with the kids, I want to watch the Matildas.

These are just three of the comments I've received this morning!

Think back five years....when did you ever hear such comments? Even Terry Henry, attended the Olympic football games in Canberra, nice one Terry, was talking them up on the Nearpost like the professional he is.

There's a growing interest in this team, Australia, the Matildas. Tonight the Asia Cup Finals start v Vietnam live on on ABCTV 5pm AEST and of course the additional and possibly real prize of a trip to the World Cup if we come in the top three.

I think we can, I think we can..I really do, need a win tonight. Crucial!

And I'm with Sally Shipard, Matildas Star, read her blog to find out the real mood!

No comments: